When You're Charged With a Sex Crime Involving a Minor
The criminal defense attorneys of the Sprano Law Firm work on behalf of people charged with any number of different sex offenses involving persons under the age of consent. These crimes can range from lewd conduct or indecent exposure to statutory rape or aggravated sexual battery of a minor. If you need advice about your options for resolving a serious state or federal sex crime with a minor, contact our office in Fairfax for a free consultation.
Call 703-763-0979 or 866-936-5614 for Advice in Northern Virginia
Whether the case involves an Internet sex crime like child pornography or a charge of fondling, molestation or sexual penetration, our lawyers can review your case and help you find the right approach to your defense. The sooner we can get started, the more effective we can be.
Sex crimes involving minors will often give the suspect an opportunity to seek legal counsel between the time of an arrest or investigation and the filing of specific criminal charges. This period represents an excellent chance to get an early start with your defense before the prosecution commits to a particular set of charges. Our early work with investigation, forensics and even sentencing issues can give you important leverage toward a favorable outcome.
We advise people about the best ways to approach and resolve a wide range of sex crimes involving minors:
- Indecent liberties with a minor, including fondling, molestation or exposure
- Custodial indecent liberties charges against teachers, nurses, coaches, clergy or other adults who work with children and youth groups
- Aggravated Sexual Battery
- Forcible rape or aggravated sexual battery of a child under 13
- Unlawful carnal knowledge of a minor, or statutory rape
- Sex offenses from texting (sexting) to statutory rape between minors
- Internet sex crimes — enticement, solicitation or child porn
- Civil commitment cases for people who have been convicted of a sex crime involving a minor
- Sex offender registration violations
At the Sprano Law Firm, we know how to spot the most effective defense strategies for sex crimes of all kinds. We work not only to meet the demands of the immediate charge, but also to protect you from future designation as a sexually violent predator. For more information about our approach to client service in sex crime defense, contact our office in Fairfax for a free consultation.